Sunday, October 1, 2017

Spooky Reads for October!

It seems hard to believe that it's already October.  I plan to look for the Halloween decorations I got last year and get them up as soon as I can.

And I have some spooky reads planned for the coming week or so. Some from the library, and some from my stash at home.

From the library:
The Fall of the House of Usher and Four Other Tales--Edgar Allan Poe
The Spiderwick Chronicles 1-5 (audiobook)--Tony DiTerlezzi and Holly Black
Beyond the Spiderwick Chronicles (audiobook)--Tony DiTerlezzi and Holly Black
Aunt Dimity and the Village Witch--Nancy Atherton
The Shack--Wm. Paul Young

From Home:
The Girl With All the Gifts--M.R. Carey
The Silent Girls--Eric Rickstad







These are the spooky reads I have planned so far. My book club is reading The Eyes of the Dragon by Stephen King. I requested an interlibrary loan on that one and am waiting to see if they get it.  And I will see how many more spooky books get in this month. Suggestions welcome.

SaveSave

3 comments:

Elephant's Child said...

My wimpy self mostly shies away from spooky reads.
I suspect the Nancy Atherton will fit better into the 'cosy' category.

Kelly Hashway said...

My editing plate is full this month, so I doubt I'll get to read for myself. Read a spooky one for me please!

Sandra Cox said...

Ooh, I love that you are doing spooky reads.....